- Why is my flight delayed?
- Avoid the worst airports for flight delays.
- Find out what rights you’re entitled to.
- Figure out what will happen to your connecting flight.
- Check out your travel insurance.
- Try to get a lounge pass.
- Research about your destination.
- Grab something to eat.
How long does a flight have to be delayed for compensation?
If your flight’s delayed for 3 or more hours
|Delay to your arrival||Flight distance||Compensation|
|3 hours or more||Less than 1,500km||€250|
|Between 1,500km and 3,500km||€400|
|More than 1,500km and within the EU||€400|
|3-4 hours||More than 3,500km, between an EU and non-EU airport||€300|
1 more row
What do you do if your flight is delayed?
10 Things to Do Immediately After Your Flight Is Canceled or
- Don’t let a travel interruption turn into a vacation nightmare.
- Know your air travel rights.
- Check if your credit card offers trip delay protection.
- Stay proactive.
- Ask about meal or hotel credits.
- Use social media to your advantage.
- Download the right tools.
- Remember: Different rules apply for delays overseas.
Should I go to the airport if my flight is delayed?
3 Answers. No you can’t turn up late to check-in on a delayed flight, unless the check-in closing time is delayed along with the departure time. The check-in closing time is set relative to the scheduled departure, and usually remains the same, regardless of whether the flight is delayed or not.
What happens if flight is Cancelled or delayed?
When Your Flight Is Canceled
If your flight is canceled, the airline typically rebooks you on the next available departure. You can also simply request a full refund, or rebook yourself on an alternate flight via the airline’s website or customer service line. You shouldn’t have to pay any change or cancelation fees.